My current projects focus on creating collections of a series, such as street bicycles in Milan, wooden windows in the Salton Sea, or metal shop doors in Zanzibar. Working in a series is a way of exploring a theme and the variations – the similarities of style, the individual variations and the wear and decay over time. Whenever possible, I make use of reclaimed materials and repurposed items – aluminum slide mount frames, surplus circuit boards and salvaged wood. My work is photographically based, but the images are often transferred by means of a chemical process to wood or metal substrates. The resulting collection of up to a hundred images create a three dimensional abstract artwork that invites the viewer to appreciate the collection as well as closely inspect the individual images.
• Florence Biennale (Florence, Italy) 2009 and 2011
• Broadway Gallery (New York, NY) 2010
• Bainbridge Performing Arts, (Bainbridge Island, WA) 2013
• Blackbird Bakery (Bainbridge Island, WA) 2013
• Frodel Gallery (Poulsbo, WA) 2012
• Collective Visions Gallery, (Bremerton, WA) 2012